Friday, March 23, 2007

The Joy of Fishing - Part 1

I have never been good in fishing, trust me... but the deep sea fishing trips thought me a lesson or two in patience, hard work and more patience. Since a kid, I used to fish at the ponds behind my house... not so successful. Also in Penang, I tried to follow the guys to the jetty by the harbour... still not much luck. I mean... I catch some... but nothing to shout about. Most times, I just fish for the sake of relaxing by the lake, pond or sea.

This time, I took the offer to go deep sea fishing. Been doing this a few times already. Man... this is real fun. It really helps you relax and unwind. There are minimum 8 of us on each trip. Sometimes if there is more we rent another boat. We leave from Sasaran in Kuala Selangor and it takes around 2-3 hours to reach the fishing spot.



Thats me, tired after 5 hours in the sun... trying to act cool. That cowboy hat is from Australia but its not really suitable for the hot and humid weather... its better to get a straw hat.







The boys ... back to land.















This is the tekong ('captain') of the boat and myself. His boat is right behind us. We call him "Ah Pek". He is 70 years old and has been a fisherman all his life. He has a great sense of humour and smokes non-stop. Super macho grandpa.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home