Tuesday, March 21, 2006

dude... its brutal... oh yes

After watching the impressive Thai movie "Ong Bak", my favourite martial artist NOW is Tony Jaa... all I can say is ... brutal dude!!! For those of you growing up playing video arcade games like me (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter) this movie sums it up. Tony Jaa is no Bruce Lee... no Jackie Chan... he is an ultimate street fighting machine. Thai Kickboxing to its max. Brutal fights with no wires, computer animation, camera tricks or stupid flying in the air stunts... this is how a martial art movie should be made.

If you are one of those nonsense Jet Li or ridiculous Kung Fu movie fans... please lah.. its Sesame Street fighting compared to this dude. No offence to Kung Fu... but Chinese and Hong Kong movie producers and directors are making a mockery of a beautiful martial art.... if only Bruce Lee is around... he would beat the shit of these fakes. I stopped watching martial art movies since Jackie Chan came up with that ridiculous Police Story and Jet Li with that Once Upon in China series. And recently... Chow Yuan Fatt as a martial artist... get outta here.... he is a comedian... I cannot stop laughing... even if he has a serious face.

NOW... Ong Bak changed it all for me.... once again I got excited about martial arts .. reminiscence of the countless times I jumped from the roof... jumped off my fathers car... climbing trees and then jumping down flying kick style... kick the poor banana tree behind my house till my leg bled (cause someone said thats how Bruce Lee trained)... jump up to kick the fruiting jambu fruits... fight with my dog to see how hard he can bite (cause in one movie a dog bit Jackie Chan's hand and he had to fight it off)... asked my friends to fight me one on one (most of the time we were just practicing to ‘prepare’ for a real fight)... and lets not mentioned karate air boxing, pretending to kick opponents taekwondo style... and samurai moves with the broom...

Dude... please watch Tony Jaa's new movie.... his latest "Tom Yam Goong"... oh boi... Tony Jaa is a legend... trust me... in a few years he is the next king of martial arts. His real name is Panom Yeerum born in 1976, one year younger to me (hope u see the similarity). He is skilled in Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Aikido, Pencak Silat, Krabi Krabong and gymnastics. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home