Monday, March 26, 2007

nature gateway...

I love Kuching dude... its a cool, refreshing and relaxing place. Was there for the ArcGIS 9.2 update to SAINS Sarawak team. The trip began badly because Air Asia was late for 5 hours from LCCT Terminal in KLIA. They really need to improve on the timing lah. Once touchdown in Sarawak, my mood immediately improved. Nice to be back here. The first thing you can feel about Sarawak is the air, its very fresh and there is no much pollution here. You can take deep breaths and inhale the cool and crisp air here. Nice.

Its actually my fourth time to Sarawak... the first being a student exchange program organised by Ministry of Education called Titian Emas. The program in selected best students from Peninsular Malaysia (after SRP exams) and live with natives in Sarawak. There were 5 selected from Selangor. If any of you guys reading this, drop a line okei?? I was there for 2 months, living with a Melanau family in Sarikei. I learnt to appreciate the simple and immensely satisfying lifestyle of the Sarawak natives. I was 15 then and the experience in Sarawak was surely a defining moment.
We can learn a lot from the natives in Sarawak. One of the most important aspect of their life is to appreciate and respect nature. They have traditions and 'pantangs' to walk in the jungle, to swim in the river, to respect elders or to hunt for food. I attended a few traditional ceremonies there and drank the infamous 'tuak' more than I should ;-)


For those who want to know more about Sarawak, check it out here:

http://www.sarawaktourism.com/






me on the far left... job done in Sains







Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home