Friday, July 20, 2007

thrashed...

What happened to Malaysian football lah? Sick and tired of that question. When I was in school, I dreamt of playing for Selangor and then Malaysia. I am fairly good in football and my natural position is right wing or midfield. I am not striker material and I knew that early. Somehow the way Malaysia played against China, Uzbekistan or Iran showed we don't have the brains to play this game. They don't even know their positions. They played like schoolboys and totally without direction. We can have all the skills in the world with a deadball... but on a level playing field and a moving ball... we screw up big time.

This bring me back to the question of why I did not play for state or country. The politics and favouritism in Malaysian football is full of shit. There is always a question of "quota" and race. How many Malays, Indians or Chinese in the team ah? Instead of worrying about how many games won or the game statistics... Malaysians are more worried about which race is better represented in playing national football. This has a serious impact on sports and football development in schools and among kids. We can always blame the officials, coaches or even ministers but it actually boils down to each and every citizen's mentality in this country.

I personally don't care if there are no Malays, Chinese or Indians playing in the team as long as we win games. I don't care if the whole team are Nigerians. This is our country and our national team. Look at France, do they care how many whites are playing. Half the team is blacks and Zidane "the great" is Algerian. This racist mentality has to change. Only then the team and country can win.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home