Monday, August 18, 2008

London - Part 2









4. On the 2nd day… I walked around the Kensington area and saw the old part of central London… they have all these awesome lawyer offices too. Passed Lincoln’s Inn, Templar’s Inn, King’s College and lotsa historical office buildings. London has so many pubs… and every single one … is packed. Then I ‘discovered’ St Paul’s cathedral. It’s really an awesome building… rising from the city like a huge beacon. The surrounding areas are excellent too… lotsa classic old buildings… well refurbished and must be cool to work there. The public transportation in London… makes it so easy for ppl to move around fast and I believe its one of London’s great success stories. I could find my way almost everywhere (even if I prefer to walk) and I am also amazed at the number of superbikes on the road. Ducatis, Aprillias, Triumphs and MV Augustas all over the place… its really a bikers paradise. The summer in London … sun goes down around 9pm… so there is so much to do… parks are filled with couples, teenagers, friends and families till 8pm!!!




5. On 3rd day I visited the National Gallery… near Trafalgar Square. Its open on Wed till late evening. I was surprised to see so many great works of art from so many different times. Van Gogh, Matisse, the Italian masters and Renaissance greats were displayed in well arranged manner. I was also surprised to find so many British master painters … never have I ever seen the great works from UK itself… and this was an excellent experience for me.




6. On Thurs… I got to walk over to see the Big Ben, Parliament House and Downing Street. It was interesting and inspiring to absorb the great London architecture by slowly walking along the pavement and occasionally stop to feel the history behind these buildings. Its interesting to know that many of these old and historical places are still well used and house a lot of offices till today. In the evening, I manage to get some cancelled tickets for Lion King and what a show that was! I have never seen a world famous theatre production and this was really special… the costumes, props, music and set was nothing short of spectacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home