Sunday, December 14, 2008

two wheels...

I remember passing the huge Aprilia signboard near the KL Hospital roundabout as a kid… every time thinking if I can take one of the showroom bikes for a ride. It was a huge poster… and if advertising can brainwash us… this is it… after many years… the Aprilia image still has some influence. I think Aprilia had only 2 showrooms in KL… another being Gentali in Jln Ipoh. Now the official Aprilia showroom and distributor is Moto Millia in Bangsar.

I started riding bikes early… crashing a classmates new Honda EX5 … age 15… it was my first ride and it was his father’s bike. He took the blame… and even paid for the repair... nice fella. My 2nd crash… was another friends bike… Yamaha 110 … slide on a puddle of water… and luckily it did not have any serious damage… did not tell my friend tho… coz no one will lend me their bikes again.

I had a ‘chopper’ bicycle too… with a fake gear change. I think my hatred for chopper bikes started from this bicycle actually… I can’t stand the small wheels in front and the difficult to maneuver handles. I couldn’t really race with the other kids… they had BMXs and real racing bikes… adding further to my dislike of chopper bikes since young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home