Friday, August 12, 2005

purple haze...




Monday to Wednesday the haze was moderate and bearable... it was slowly building up. On Thursday and today (Friday) it has become worse and very unhealthy.

Thursday and Friday: 7am / 12pm / 7pm (August 11) 9am (August 12)
In PJ SS2 where I live the visibility is about 50m. Apartments are badly effected. You need to have air-cons and not leave the windows open. Traffic and pollution from factories are not helping. Also children and daycare centres are bad effected. You can feel the stuffy air and acrid smell everywhere.

Thursday and Friday: 10am / 2pm / 5pm (August 11) 10am (August 12)
In Sunway (Leisure Commerce Square) where the haze is worse than PJ SS2... the visibility is less than 50m. As I am driving to work the air in the car gets heavy and I can feel my eyes burning. In the office lifts and corridors slowly the haze is creeping in. The parking air is stagnant and mixed with exhaust pollution makes it unbearable in the underground car park. My office air-con helps to contain the haze only for a few hours because the smoke actually creeps in slowly.



Thursday and Friday: 8pm / 10pm (August 11) 7am / 8am (August 12)
In Rawang, my hometown... I have just sent my wife and kid back... the situation is much better. There is still haze but not as bad as the Klang Valley. The visibility is better and lots of trees around my parent's home does help. We still need to leave the air-cons on because the air is not totally clean.

Some Images from NST:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home