Wednesday, May 31, 2006

rain... rain... go away...come again another day!!!

Hey there... been kinda busy with some project work. Long time no news eh...

Anyway, the extreme weather pattern these days is really getting out of hand. There were a few close calls when lightning struck a few meters away from me.. so close I could feel the bright impact. One time it hit a lamp post in front of me in Kelana Jaya... and another time it hit a traffic light behind me in Rawang. We are also getting rain that is so strong and dangerous. We never experienced so much bad weather... and 2006 tops it.

I think... Malaysia and this region is really changing its weather pattern... temperatures seem to rise so high… piercing ur eyes and skin. Try walking in the sun these days... especially in the afternoons... u might get roasted!!!

Global warming is a serious issue... and its here… hitting us hard. It is affecting all our lives...

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 02, 12:52:00 am GMT+8 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,
I was looking on ESRI support and I need your help. Could you give me a program you worte to get your TIF files to mosaic in SDE. This is the thread I am referring to http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=2&f=59&t=63592#163382



my e-mail is gregory.w.dreaper@sam.usace.army.mil

Subject Re: Error: SE_stream_execute (-303), Error: Image mosaicking is not allowed
Author tony joseph
Date Jul 13, 2004
Message I tried everything... Resample with ArcObjects and also World File Adjuster and also Raster Weasel!!! Still no success..

Finally had to write a small program to correct all the TFW files for the TIFFs to get the correct minX/minY and maxX/maxY. Then sderaster mosaic worked.

The problem is with the size and extent of pixels for each TIFF.
Best Regards,
Tony Joseph - Senior GIS Engineer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home